- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- 8 fresh sage leaves plus 4 fresh sage sprigs, divided
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs, divided
- 4 medium onions
- 5 celery ribs
- 5 medium carrots
- 3 medium parsnips
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup oil, garlic, salt and pepper. With
- fingers, carefully loosen skin from the turkey breast; rub mixture
- under the skin. Place sage leaves and two thyme sprigs under the
- skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks.
- Cut onions into wedges and the celery, carrots and parsnips into
- 2-in. lengths. Place about a fifth of the onions, celery and carrots
- in the turkey cavity; add sprigs and remaining thyme. Place
- remaining vegetables in a roasting pan. Place turkey, breast side
- up, over vegetables. Brush with remaining oil.
- Bake at 325° for 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer
- reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Cover
Nutritional Facts: 8 ounces cooked turkey equals 599 calories, 32 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 245 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 72 g protein.
- loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Cover and let stand
- for 20 minutes before carving turkey. Discard vegetables; use
- drippings to make gravy. Yield: 14 servings.
Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/juicy-herb-roasted-turkey#ixzz3JfPnRye1
Naughty or Nice List? Santa is watching ,surprise them with a gift from #TopSantaLetters #mommiesnetwork http://goo.gl/0HvUuA